Deposits: More than counting money!
As we continue to increase traffic and programming, part-time staff may need to close up shop alone. One major responsibility is counting the drawer in the morning and at night.
So here's how to do it... CORRECTLY!
- Count the drawer. There should be $300 in it.
- In the Guest Service Binder fill out the opening count column and initial.
- Run payment report in Bookeo
- Go to Marketing > Reports > Payments. Select today's date and click "Go".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Download as XLS".
- Open the spreadsheet and DELETE the following columns
- First Name
- SORT the Payment Method column by right-clicking on the column and selecting "Sort by Ascending".
- Now you can count the drawer! Record your total amount of cash in the Guest Service Binder.
- Remove the difference between the total amount currently in the drawer and $300. That's difference is the deposit. Record that amount in the Guest Service Binder.
- Write these three things on payment report you printed off
- The amount that is in the deposit
- Your initials
- Put the report and the deposit in an envelope (do not write anything on the envelope) and put it in the red box.